Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

'If I were a Carpenter' - Robert Plant

The 23rd  of December 1941, Born on this day, Tim Hardin, US singer, songwriter, (1967 UK No.50 single 'Hang On To A Dream'). Wrote 'Reason To Believe' and 'If I Were A Carpenter.' Died of a heroin overdose on 29th December 1980.http://www.thisdayinmusic.com
Watch the video - If I were a Carpenter - Robert Plant
Timothy James "Tim" Hardin (December 23, 1941 – December 29, 1980)[1] was an Americanfolk musician and composer. He wrote the Top 40 hits "If I Were a Carpenter", covered by, among others, Joan Baez, Bobby Darin, Johnny Cash, Ramblin' Jack Elliot, and Robert Plant, and "Reason to Believe", covered by many, including Rod Stewart, as well as his own recordingcareer.
"If I Were A Carpenter" {Has been covered by} - Wes Carr, Stan Webb's Chicken Shack, Bobby Darin, Johnny Cash and June Carter, The Four Tops, Leon Russell, Rod Stewart, Doc Watson, Joan Baez (as "If You Were a Carpenter"), The Nice, Small Faces, Robert Plant, Leonard Nimoy,John Holt, Bob Seger, Leslie West, and Ramblin' Jack Elliot.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hardin
'I were a carpenter, and you were a Lady
Would you marry me anyway?
Would you have my baby?
If a tinker were my trade, would you still find me
Carryin' the pots I made, followin' behind me?
Save my love through loneliness
Save my love through sorrow
I give you my only-ness
Give my your tomorrow'

No comments:

Post a Comment